Photo taken in Buffalo on the harbor over Labor Day Weekend 2009

Monday, May 17, 2010

Business Casual Summer Begins


So happy to be at Babson for the summer! Great friends, lots of time with them, a little work, one class at a time, and some of the most fun possible.

Unfortunately I'm in summer mode. This might make me less likely to want to do work for class. This would be a huge shame because I have an amazing opportunity to be more successful in this class than I would be during the school year... with so much time to study!

However, I don't think this will be a problem. I've been doing 'work' for random things at school over the past few days because I've had extra time (gasp :o ) on my hands. It's going to be a business casual summer. A nice combination of class, work, and hanging out with friends at school and in the Swamp. I can't wait for it and think I'll have the best time with my favorite people in the world.

I'll use the blog to keep up with the highlights of the Summer and all the fun things that we (I) do. Check here for a few pictures but I'm sure the majority will go up on Facebook. This weekend a few of us are meeting my family and some family friends in Boston for the Earthfest concert. I'll write about it afterwards.

Yesterday I spent time at a graduation party (following Saturday's graduation) and then cruised over to my grandparents and helped them show their house for sale. They live about 15 minutes away from the grad party so it was a nice, unplanned visit with my grandparents. We went out for dinner afterwards. It was an awesome day. There was a lot of traveling and driving (always fun in my car haha). I like to think of this as reducing the cost per mile for my car. I also stopped at home before the grad party after beginning the day at Babson. (Woke up at Babo, went home, went to the grad party, then grandparents then back to Babson around 9pm). My parents had an old friend over for lunch who I hadn't seen in years so it was nice to catch up with the three of them for an hour or so.

After the last week I can't wait for the rest of the summer. MGMT said just how I feel: "I'm feelin' rough, I'm feelin' raw, I'm in the prime of my life." Prime time has started with college and will continue this summer. The summer of Business Casual :p

No comments:

Post a Comment