Photo taken in Buffalo on the harbor over Labor Day Weekend 2009

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Other Half of Summer

So I came home tonight so that I could pick up the new car with my Mom tomorrow morning. (More on that once we pick it up.) And being home made me want to do a post on being home. I've been home a TON this summer. And it's been awesome. I've loved being at school for the summer. One important thing I've noticed about spending the summer at school is that it makes me enjoy my time at home that much more.

It's like a double vacation: summer vacation at school but then I get another vacation during the time that I'm home. It's awesome! I appreciate being home more but can come and go whenever I want to see my parents, eat real food, and see friends from HS. By spending time at school and home I get the best of both worlds.

Tonight is a prime example. Came home after class and got back around 5:30. Hung out while my Mom finished making dinner and then had an awesome chicken dish with a sweet sauce, rice, and green beans grown in our veggie garden. Delicious! And way better than I eat at school :p

After a great dinner, my parents and I had an even better dessert of homemade ice cream. See how I live at home?! SPOILED by the food ;) Then we just hung out and watched this weeks ep of True Blood.

Now I just had a icy glass of homemade lemonade and watched Entourage. Besides the fact that it was kind of a lame episode it was still nice to sit here and relax. Now I'm catching up on some work online and watching old episodes of The Sopranos. It's great to be home :)

1 comment:

  1. It's great to have you home too! I'm glad you are happy and having a good summer <3

    ReplyDelete